speakup on fedora?

gumnos (Tim Chase) gumnos at hotmail.com
Wed May 19 17:04:51 UTC 2004

> So, what I am understanding is that in order to have speech with linux
> I'll need an external synthesizer?

I heard from a fellow this morning that Oralux 0.6 should come with Yasr
running with flite/eflite which is entirely software driven.  I haven't
gotten to give it a try yet, but it sounds like that's another option.
It would be helpful in computer labs at school where you could just drop
the live CD in the drive and boot from there, having all sorts of tools
at your disposal.  The Oralux download page didn't have any ISO links
when I just checked.

-tim