How to open a TCP/IP port?

David Renström david.renstrom at skelleftea.mail.telia.com
Thu May 20 11:52:39 UTC 2004

Hi Krister!

No, as you may have read in my earlier replies, my problem was not related
to the router. I was never trying to access the Linux box from outside the
router, but only from another computer on the same LAN. Port forwarding is
no problem, because I've an Apache Web server on the same computer running
MySQL and a friend of mine was able to access it from his computer (about
90 kilometres away). However, everything seems to be working now... Thanks
anyway.

Regards,
/David R.