TomsRtBt and Fedora CD?

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at charter.net
Mon May 24 05:00:14 UTC 2004

it depends on what you have. I've had my laptop for two years and just
discovered that I can temporarily change the boot medium by hitting F12
during boot. It doesn't talk; you just have to know or experiment till you
find out that arrowing down twice boots the cdrom. somebody else mentioned
having a machine that will do this with F8. My desktop, on the other hand,
is totally implacable in this area; the only way to change it is to do it
in the bios. This is particularly bad with this particular desktop bios
because if you put cdrom first you completely lose the ability to boot
from floppy. At any rate, sometimes there are other alternatives, Lee,
but they are very specific to the type of computer you have. I found about
the F12 by doing a google search and happening on some linux installation
instructions for thinkpads that just happened to mention the f12 trick.
Hope your machine has an alternative. I know the whole subject of
inaccessible bioses can be very frustrating; here we can install and
program and maybe even take it apart and put it back together again, but
we can't manage the bios without sighted help or some very complicated
logistics!!!

--
Cheryl