braillified Fedora core 2 installation

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at charter.net
Mon May 24 06:19:53 UTC 2004

Well, Janina, you won't find out by me if you're wrong because I suspect
you are right.
I went ahead and followed the steps for turning off firstboot and kudzu
and cups and my machine booted fine. But due to the fact that i hadn't
noticed I had the caps lock key on when I typed my root password, my caps
and lowercase password characters were reversed and i couldn't log in;
fortunately the three-finger salute worked. Then I used the braillified
disk so I could access the first cd as a rescue disk and was able to set
up brltty at boot and change the run level etc., and when I finished i was
able to boot and figure out my login problem. I think I probably had an ok
install with speakup too; i'm sure there must have been a minor mistake
that kept it from talking and I don't think it was booting completely
because I got beeps when trying to log in, but this way I'll be
well-versed in FC
installation. I will probably do it again eventually because I never did
manage disk druid and finally just allowed the automated
partitioning--yuck!!! So i'll probably go in and wrestle with it again
eventually.

--
Cheryl