braillified Fedora core 2 installation

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Mon May 24 15:31:01 UTC 2004

Hi, Dave:

I don't know what the issue is with cups, and I agree it should be resolved. All I can say is that I did the interactive boot after installing FC2--the one where you say 'yes' and 'no' to the loading of each module. Kudzu and Cups both crash Speakup when there's a synth on the serial port. I can't explain it further, but I can certainly reproduce it.

I would agree that a proper resolution should restore both apps, as they're both worthy and useful apps to have.

I'm curious though, does brltty manage with firstboot? Or is that the same showstopper it is with Speakup?