braillified Fedora core 2 installation

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Mon May 24 15:34:45 UTC 2004

I definitely like the notion of disabling kudzu probes on particular ports. This is a superior fix indeed.

The HOWTO currently recommends doing:

chkconfig --level 0123456 [service] off

from the second console before rebooting the fresh install. Of course, this is particularly important for newbies and with respect to the firstboot [service]. For folks who miss this on the install round, the HOWTO recommends going into single user mode to fix this.

I suppose the Caddilac solution would be an additional screen via the Anaconda installer to deal with these things--and create the appropriate initrd.

Something else for the 2do list.