TR: very big proble to reach url for downloading trplayer

Aldo blinuxman at tuxfamily.org
Thu May 27 19:14:10 UTC 2004

Cheryl,
if the problem only occures with one file, it can be a simple wrong
permission problem: a chmod can resolve that.

I'm currently doing tests to see where the problem of reaching both
the linux-speakup.org site + ftp site is coming from, and
to try to give useful info to Kirk for resolving the problem:

1: at this point a friend of mine (other isp and under XP) downloaded it
for me, puted the trplayer...deb on its site, and when I tried using
both wget or lynx, it wokrs perfectly.
2: connecting me to a shell account at my other isp's machine, I'm able
to reach both the site + the ftp.

Anyway I will send a traceroute report to Kirk.

Greetings,
Osvaldo.

PS: a french friend at the CarrefourBLinuX list suggested it will be a
wrong port,
I see a routing problem, but I'm totally unable to explain.

---Your session---

Osvaldo La Rosa -- http://brlspeak.net