Creating Swap Areas

Dave Mielke dave at
Tue Oct 5 22:43:22 UTC 2004

John J. Boyer writes:
> I have a 
> partition called CP/M / CTOS. ?What is that for? Can I change it to a 
> swap partition? It's about 3 GB.

Use fdisk to set its type to 82, run mkswap on it, and put it in /etc/fstab as
swap (instead of ext3, nfs, or whatever).

Dave Mielke           | 2213 Fox Crescent | I believe that the Bible is the
Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | Word of God. Please contact me
EMail: dave at | Canada  K2A 1H7   | if you're concerned about Hell.                   |

More information about the Blinux-list mailing list