Tinkering with Compressed Speech

Martin McCormick martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu
Wed Oct 6 21:48:27 UTC 2004

	My thanks to all of you for your suggestions and resource
information.  My real purpose in doing all this is more curiosity
just to see what can be done with relatively simple code now that
systems are fast enough to do truly useful things with audio.

	I have used the pitch adjustment control in sox and it is
astonishing how well it can tweak the speed of a tape up or down a bit
to make it correct.

Tim Chase writes:
>The "sox" package has an
>option for speeding up playback without changing the pitch.

	I am going to have to look at the man page again.  What effect
does this?

	Thanks again.

Martin McCormick