Tinkering with Compressed Speech

Martin McCormick martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu
Fri Oct 8 16:28:34 UTC 2004

	This is Martin McCormick.  I did try the stretch effect in sox
and it does do a better job of smoothing out the transitions between
samples than my relatively simple code I posted.  The other nice thing
about sox is that it handles wave and several other common file types
so one can compress or expand about anything you want to.

	Sox is one of those true treasures in the open-source world.
We should never forget all the intelligence and hard work that some
folks are letting us use for free.  We owe them a debt of gratitude
and it is something to think about if anyone of us comes up with a
brilliant application that is useful to many people.

	Anyway, thanks to all on the list for your help.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
OSU Information Technology Division Network Operations Group