Iptables and Logins at boot-up

John J. Boyer director at chpi.org
Sat Oct 9 16:49:32 UTC 2004

Thanks to all who helped with the ssh problem. There were two gotchas.
Iptables was blocking all connections, and password authentication was
turned off. Now I want to use the target machine to receive mail and for
backup. When I boot the target machine, iptables is on and I have to log
in as root to turn it off. How can I set iptables to be off at boot time?
Or, better, to accept ssh and scp only from the source machine?

Two user accounts receive mail continuously. I would like to have them
automatically logged on at boot time. Is this possible? How?

Thanks,
John

--
John J. Boyer; Executive Director, Chief Software Developer
Computers to Help People, Inc.