Iptables and Logins at boot-up

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Sun Oct 10 13:37:46 UTC 2004

Strongly suggest you upgrade that machine. If you're going to start
changing configurations on that system, you may as well bite the bullet
and upgrade. RH 8 is no longer supported, and you will only find
yourself gradually more exposed in various ways that you can't easily
adapt to. This would, in my view, include newly discovered security
exploits against which you would have no recourse, because no one is
shipping patches against any app on RH 8 any longer.