Iptables and Logins at boot-up

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Sun Oct 10 20:41:36 UTC 2004

Hi, Andor:

No, I am actually talking about something different, though I most
certainly do also agree with what you say.

What I'm talking about is how users can connect to a mail server
securely to send mail. This is probably not such a critical issue on a
small LAN such as John has (and I have in my home office). Certainly,
it's not an issue for someone who just uses one machine. But, it's a
very important issue if you need to access your home mail server to send
messages while you're traveling--or if you support users (like friends
for whom you provide mail service) over the Internet.

I suspect John can upgrade his RH8 installation and get what he wants
without doing this, but it would be an excellent next step to support
people working from home, etc., etc.