Installing FC2 with BRLTTY.

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Mon Oct 11 12:27:04 UTC 2004

This would be correct. The iso images at Dave's site track the official
Fedora release, so are vintage last November, when FC2 was released. The
iso images of the Speakup Modified are updated, from time to time, as
various packages contained in the distribution are updated.

In consultation with Dave we have determined that we can make an
installation image for the Speakup Modified that will work either with
speech or braille. More news about that soon.

Meanwhile, ithe thing to know is that the difference is how much
updating you need to do after installation. Whether you start with stock
Fedora iso images, or with the Speakup Modified, you still want to
ensure you've added all relevant updates once the installation
completes. Because the iso images at the Speakup Modified are regularly
updated with these updates already, there's just less updating to do
following installation--possibly even none.

HTH.