emacspeak and speech-dispatcher

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Tue Oct 12 03:32:11 UTC 2004

Hi, Artur:

I believe speech-dispatcher only supports software synths, primarily
festival and flite, though people have also gotten it working with
software DEC Talk and Speakup.

The old IBM ViaVoice is no longer available, and you really don't want
it. While it's a good voice, it relies on old libraries that are now
commonly not present on Linux installations. So, even if you were to
find it, it would be very difficult to get it to work.