gnopernicus and festival voices

Luke Yelavich themuso at themuso.com
Sat Oct 16 00:32:38 UTC 2004

On Sat, Oct 16, 2004 at 08:05:43AM EST, Artur Rutkowski wrote:
> Hi all!
> I have some festival voices wchich I want to add to the festival. I didn't have any problem with adding them under text console. How can I do it under gnome? As far as I know gnopernicus uses the festival gnome speech driver but I couldn't find any file in which I could make some changes concernig adding new festival voices.

What you should do, is firstly check whether Gnopernicus and the GNOME
speech driver actually se the voices you added. Go to the main
Gnopernicus window, and press ALT + 2 to go to the preferences. Press
ALT + 1 to go into the speech preferences. You then want to press ALT +
V for the voices dialog. In here, you can change voices for the
different Gnopernicus status messages, etc. Press ALT + B to edit the
absolute voice, which changes all the voices at one time. Go through
until you hear the voice combo box. You should find your voices there.

hth

Luke