Mounting a USB flash drive on Debian Sarge

John J. Boyer director at chpi.org
Fri Oct 22 22:46:38 UTC 2004

My new Dell computer has no floppy drive. It does have a removable
"keyring" USB flash drive. The machine is dual-boot, and both Linux and
Windows recognize this device. Windows assigns it to drive E. Linux does
not say which device name has been assigned to it, and a search through
/dev did not turn up anything that seemed likely. I would like to use this
device to transfer data between Linux and Windows. How do I mount it? What
device type do I use?

Thanks,
John

--
John J. Boyer; Executive Director, Chief Software Developer
Computers to Help People, Inc.