running windows on linux with speech?

Osvaldo blinuxman at tuxfamily.org
Tue Sep 14 06:25:32 UTC 2004

On Mon, Sep 13, 2004 at 09:13:16AM -0700, hank smith wrote:
> hello I am wanting to switch to linux but need access to some windows
>aps.
> was wondering if any one has gotten jaws, or window eyes to work
>under linux using either virtual machine's, or wine?
Maybe the safer way to work is by installing grub or lilo with the
options to boot Lin or Win, so that you could run proprietary soft under
a proprietary system, and running free software on a free O S.
Btw it is a wrong approach to prefer running Win apps under Linux,
instead of looking for a good equivalent/replacement of it under Linux,
probably under GPL.

Osvaldo La Rosa - http://brlspeak.net/