eflite/flite

Mike Gorse mgorse at mgorse.dhs.org
Tue Apr 12 13:29:16 UTC 2005

Hi Kristoffer,

If you configure eflite with
configure --with-vox=cmu_us_kal16
then it should link against the 16-bit voice.

It should normally be sufficient to compile it once unless you upgrade the
libraries to which it is linked and they become incompatible with your
binary.

  Flite is more limited than festival and does not support mbrola.  It does
apparently have tools that mostly automate conversion of festival voices
to flite voices.

If you want to use mbrola with yasr, then my advice would be to play
around with its festival support.  There have also been an emacspeak
server or two for it that may be helpful.

-- Michael Gorse / AIM:linvortex / http://mgorse.home.dhs.org --