Serial ATA drives, how to fdisk?

Pete St. Onge pete at seul.org
Mon Apr 25 16:26:00 UTC 2005

Correct - The drives do appear as /dev/sdaX etc on this system. I don't
know about Oralinux (I pretty much only use Debian), but if this is a
typical install kernel, you should have support for SCSI included and it
Should Just Work. In any case, dump the output from dmesg into a file
(dmesg > my_machine_info) and look through it with your favourite pager
or editor.

You should be able to use fdisk or cfdisk as usual, just specify the
drive and partition with care: 'fdisk /dev/sda'

Hope this helps,

Pete

--
Pete St. Onge