Serial console

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Thu Apr 28 19:13:20 UTC 2005

[quoted lines by Lee_Maschmeyer at wayne.edu on 2005/04/28 at 09:59 -0400]

>I came across a file on Fedora (more advanced than Enterprise Linux) that says
>you have to patch the kernel; is this accurate and relevant?

No need to patch the kernel. Let's say you want the console output to go to
/dev/ttyS0 at 9600 baud with no parity and 8 bits per character. In this case,
specify the boot parameter "console=ttyS0,9600n8" (witout the quotes). That's
all. You can read all about it in:

   /usr/src/linux/Documentation/serial-console.txt