Planning a VoiceOver Main Menu Review

Bailey, Bruce Bruce.Bailey at ed.gov
Sat Apr 30 13:08:03 UTC 2005

> What do you want to know about VoiceOver?
> What do you want to hear demonstrated, etc.

I would like a comparison to Gnopernicus or Narrator.

I would also like a comparison to 1.0 releases of the commercial screen readers for MS Windows, but that might just be pointless nostalgia.

I would like discussion as to if a new computer with VoiceOver for $500 is really competitive with commercial screen readers that retail for twice that price.  It is often speculated that rampant Windows piracy hinders adoption of alternative platforms (like Linux and Apple) more than it harms Microsoft.  Is that the case here?

> To prevent list congestion, it might be a good idea to email me
> off list with your ideas and suggestions.

My apologies, I couldn't reliably predict your email through the RedHat obfuscation algorithm.