Need help with Festival and Dectalk Rt

David Jennette dcjenn at bellsouth.net
Wed Aug 24 00:39:22 UTC 2005

	Hello all.  I am new to linux so sorry if I'm asking questions that
have been answered before.  I am having trouble getting festival and
dectalk to work.  I have installed festival but it doesn't seem to
wan't to talk.  I am using Deabian linux 3.1 sarge with the Speakup
curnal Version 2.6.  I downloaded festival from debian using apt-get
to download and install the package but it doesn't want to talk.  My
sound is working because I can play a CD from the gnome desktop.  I
also purchased a copy of Dectalk rt.  I have unpacked the file but I
can't run the installer.  Is there a spesific directory I need to
unpack the files into in order to get the installer to run?  If your
needing information on the soundcard, it's a soundblaster live value.  Thanks