Dell DJ and Linux Access

Martin McCormick martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu
Sat Dec 3 13:42:57 UTC 2005

Tim Chase writes:
>There's a project called libnjb.sf.net which provides the
>API for accessing the Dell DJ as well as a number of
>Creative players.  The libnjb project has experimental
>Python bindings so you can code to them if you want:
>
>https://www.cs.tcd.ie/Glenn.Strong/Software/Python-libnjb/
>
>and there's also a njbfs project for mounting your unit as a
>file system to access just as you would any other file
>system:
>
>http://sourceforge.net/projects/njbfs/
>
>Hope these give you some leads to at least get files to and
>from your DJ.

	File management is probably the single most important part of
the puzzle with navigation of what you have the second most important
part.  I didn't get to really play with the DJ much so I don't know
how hard it would be to navigate a bunch of subdirectories after
getting them in there.

	If one can get the DJ in to a known state, I don't see much
problem.

	Thanks for the resources.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK