programming docs for old external speech synths

T. Joseph CARTER knghtbrd at bluecherry.net
Sat Dec 31 18:12:30 UTC 2005

Samuel Thibault wrote:
> You mean, use a box for emulating an old external speech synthesizer ?

Sure, why not?  I have like four computers here plus my laptop.  Any one
of them could be used as an external synth while doing stuff in one of the
others that requires something old.  In fact, it'd be good for installing
Linux on systems too--I suspect I'd like something that pretends to be a
DoubleTalk but uses the Eloquence engine over festival lite any day of the
week!  Wouldn't you?  *grin*

Although I suspect my first implementation will probably be with Macintalk
rather than Eloquence because the Mac has its own speakers that I don't
move from one system to another.

--
"We are what we repeatedly do.  Excellence, therefore, is not an act,
but a habit."