speech server

Stephen Clower steve at steve-audio.net
Wed Feb 2 21:01:41 UTC 2005

Hello,

     One thing I've noticed with Yasr is that when used with Eflite, the screen reader won't skip any output being sent to the screen. For instance, if I issue an ls command from within my home directory, I can always count on hearing a list of files. However, if I use any other Emacspeak server, I've found that Yasr has a tendency to skip a line or two when the console is updated. For instance, if I issued an ls command, I will sometimes just hear "Steve at host$." I'm not certain what the problem is or if anyone else has experienced it. I'm uncertain what is causing this behavior so am at a bit of a disadvantage to fix it.

On Wednesday, February 2, 2005, 9:32:07 AM, you stood on a roof and loudly proclaimed: