Making a Bootable Rescue Disk

Martin McCormick martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu
Mon Feb 7 16:34:41 UTC 2005

	Doesn't the Debian installation CD have a bootable floppy
image that I can use as the boot image on a bootable CDROM?  The
manual for mkisofs says:

       -b eltorito_boot_image
	      Specifies the path and filename of the  boot  image
	      to  be used when making an "El Torito" bootable CD.
	      The pathname must be relative to	the  source  path
	      specified  to  mkisofs.  This option is required to
	      make an "El Torito" bootable CD.	 The  boot  image
	      must be exactly the size of either a 1200, 1440, or
	      a 2880 kilobyte floppy, and mkisofs will	use  this
	      size  when  creating the output iso9660 filesystem.
	      It is assumed that the first 512 byte sector should
	      be read from the boot image (it is essentially emu
	      lating a normal floppy drive).  This will work, for
	      example,	if  the  boot  image is a LILO based boot
	      floppy.

End of quote.

	What I am not sure about is how to get the type of image I
need to put in to that file.

	Thanks.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
OSU Information Technology Division Network Operations Group