Lynx and multi-level tables

Bailey, Bruce Bruce.Bailey at ed.gov
Thu Feb 17 16:23:56 UTC 2005

I am embarrassed how long it took me to get Lynx running so I could experiment with this myself.  I didn't even have to compile.  I knew Unix twenty years ago in college and it made learning DOS a snap.  My half remembered DOS habits now interfere with my re-learning Unix.  I keep forgetting to pay attention to case or when spaces are required or not allowed...

Anyway, my post to Blinux was prompted by a post to the W3C WAI IG list.  Cross-posting is a no-no and, not surprisingly, I have run into regulars there on this discussion group, but if one is interested in that thread, one can find it at URL:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ig/2005JanMar/0261.html

I was thinking that Lynx could act like an old version of VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3, but apparently I made that part up.  Nevertheless, Lynx CAN do a very nice job with large and complex data tables, but one will probably have to adjust the number of columns available for rendering.