off topic braille display

Kenny Hitt kenny at hittsjunk.net
Fri Feb 18 15:46:06 UTC 2005

Hi.  Thanks.  The file I have is called:

BrailleLite2000 _40_UserMan.txt

If your manual talks about features specific to the Braille Lite 40,
please send it to me.  My address is:

kenny
@hittsjunk.net

The file I have doesn't talk about things like the extra 2 keys on the
keyboard.  I have a file on my Braille Lite that mentions using them as
backspace and enter, but this doesn't always seem to work.
Nothing I've found so far mentioned the purpose of the # sign 2 letter
sign d option.  I talked to someone last night who said it was for "2 d
mode".  When I turned it on, it messed up the files I was viewing.  This
person also told me my firm ware needed to be updated.  This unit has a
version dated July 1 2001.  I downloaded (what I think) is the latest
firm ware update from the FS web site.  The file I got is a .exe file.
Will I need DOSemu to run it, or can I extract it with a Linux util?  I
don't have the serial cable yet, so I will have to wait before updating,
but I would like to know now so I can prepare.

I'm sure some of mmy problems are user error from never using anything
like this before, so just tell me to go rtfm if this stuff is
documented.

Thanks in advance.
          Kenny