Fedora core 3 and oralux

John Heim jheim at wisc.edu
Fri Feb 25 19:03:27 UTC 2005

I'm not sure what speculation you're talking about. But I  think few
newbies are going to understand what you just wrote.  No offense intended
to the newbies but you get people asking things like, "i'm getting access
denied. Why is that?" Your response is "Access denied doing what?" -- which
is a reasonable question, of course. But it just goes to show that newbies
are newbies. They don't even know how to ask the right questions much less
how to edit the installation script.

Although, Shaun seems to want to install to a removable HD. In that case, a
lot of the advice I gave him is wrong. He would probably want to do a dual
boot system and he might want to boot from an Oralux CD.  But he talked
about his lack of time and I would not like the odds of him being able to
configure something like that by himself very quickly.

So this may be a special case. But I still say for most people just
starting out with linux, get yourself a used P/350 or 450 and install linux
by accepting most (if not all) the default values.