Program for communicating with Deaf relay Services

Tim Chase blinux.list at thechases.com
Wed Jan 12 22:05:55 UTC 2005

> For Windows (perish the thought) Hyperterm works very well.

If that's the case, you may be able to get along nicely with the
standard "minicom" utility in Linux.  Kermit might also work for
similar purposes.  I'm sure there are scads of other
dial-up-terminal programs available for Linux as well (I even
understand that early on, Linus himself wrote a simple one to
test reading and writing threads).  Minicom allows you to dial
out to BBSes, and has oodles of settings for all the standard
stuff (such as setting it to 300-baud, 8/n/1) as well as logging,
and reading "scripts" from files.  Best wishes!

Hope this helps,

-tim