BRLTTY error: glibc 2.3.4 required

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at labri.fr
Fri Jul 1 16:00:55 UTC 2005

Talksina, le Fri 01 Jul 2005 17:47:40 +0200, a écrit :
> here is the error I get with brltty 3.6.2 and ubuntu
> brltty: /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.3.4' not found
> (required by brltty)

Ah, this is more recent indeed. In debian, this version is only
available in the experimental distribution. Maybe it is as well in
ubuntu?

> I download it from a web site, but it gives a lot of
> errors configuring

Well, you shouldn't try to compile libc by yourself, it's quite tricky.

Either you manage to install some 2.3.4 version of libc6, or you'd
rather compile brltty from source.

Dave, maybe you could compile your rpms against libc 2.3.2 rather than
2.3.4?

Regards,
Samuel Thibault