Speakup without a synth

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Tue Jul 12 14:21:33 UTC 2005

Yes, but you'll need to get speech0-dispatcher (and speechd_up) compiled
and working. You'll also need to get flite (or some other software TTS
engine). Troll via Google for messages on this subject. It has been
discussed in the past quite thoroughly. Perhaps you wil write up the FAQ
for us so we don't have to keep answering this way?