kernel 2.6 problem and old pc

Aldo blinuxman at tuxfamily.org
Thu Jun 16 09:34:11 UTC 2005

Hi,
my p133 refuses to be booted from DOS with loadlin, even if I use the
recent 1.6c version;
on the other hand linld.com has a very very strange syntax, and I wasn't
able to boot a kern 2.6.8: it begins to run, I hear the beep of my
braille dispaly, but then its' all, any movement stops immediately.
Problem: I have no monitor on it, only an Alva; reason: I use this old
pc to log me into another bigger one or a remote shell account.

Any idea how to resolve this?

The kern is 2.6.8-2-386 (Deb kernel-image), and the old 2.4.18-568tsc
still boots with loadlin.

Help!

Aldo.