about brltty and USB alva satellite again

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed Jun 29 10:54:29 UTC 2005

[quoted lines by Talksina on 2005/06/29 at 11:52 +0200]

>these are the options I put into the ./configure while compiling
>brltty-3.6.2.
>./configure --with-braille-device=al --with-braille-driver=al
>--with-text-table=de

You need to specify a device, rather than a display type, as the operand for
the --with-braille-device= option. If you'd like the braille device to default
to USB then specify:

   --with-braille-device=usb:

You should be able to find any error messages in /var/log/messages.