Elba List

David Csercsics david at really.isa-geek.net
Sun Mar 6 07:58:05 UTC 2005

> John:
> Maybe the list was down or maybe you are having some email problems. I
> just
> sent a blank message to Elba-subscribe at smartgroups.com and got a
> confirmation request less than a minute later. However, just to see if it
> was really working, I replied to the confirmation request and haven't
> received anything back yet, but it has only been about five minutes.
>
> As to the manual, what format is it in on the disc? Can you download it
> to a computer and translate it to text or braille?
Yes the manual that is on the Elba is in plain text so it should be
easily readable..  I have no idea how or why you ran into so many bugs
with your Elba software. I don't like Elba's speech either so I keep it
turned off permanently. The only time it speaks anything is when it's
giving me battery warnings. I have had several hardwware issues though
but they're all fixed now. Maybe yours is a hardware bug as well. You
could always reflash the Elba with the firmware update that you got with
it and that should get it to a usable state again.