VoIP with Linux?

Henry Yen blinux-mail at AegisInfoSys.com
Sun Mar 13 18:44:47 UTC 2005

On Sun, Mar 13, 2005 at 01:16:44AM +0100, Christian Schoepplein wrote:
> I'm searching for a accessible voice over ip software, that runs on
> linux and contains a softphone with support for SIP.
>
> I allready tryed linphone and asterisk. linphone doesn't work somehow
> and asterisk's configuration causes only pine, no good docu and simply
> to complex for me ;-).
>
> I'm sure, that someone here allready uses VoIP, but witch software are
> you using?

I admit I know next to nothing about VoIP, but would Skype fit the bill?

   http://www.skype.com/products/skype/linux/

--
Henry Yen                                       Aegis Information Systems, Inc.
Senior Systems Programmer                       Hicksville, New York