VoIP with Linux?

Andor Demarteau andor at nl.linux.org
Sun Mar 13 21:08:52 UTC 2005

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005, Bailey, Bruce wrote:

 > > no skype is kde-only AFAIK and probably not accessible at all
 >
 > FWIW the Windows version of Skype is reasonably compatible with the Windows screen readers.  Perhaps the current accessibility problems are not insurmountable?
that's comparing apple's and oranges.
KDE is something different then windows :)
besides it's closed source so we can't even see if it's possibel to add
some accessibility stuff in it which might work with kde-accessibility (if
that's working anyway) or even rewrite the GUI to gtk2

besides, maybe it's spyware as well (like kazaa is) it's based on the same
fasttrack-protocols you know.

Andor Demarteau                 E-mail: andor at nl.linux.org
student computer science        www: http://www.nl.linux.org/~andor
UU based & VU guest-student     jabber,icq,msn,voip: do ask ;)