OT: Is there a list for blind Mac users and programmers?

Sébastien Sablé sable.jussieu at free.fr
Sat Mar 19 20:08:15 UTC 2005

Hi John,

John J. Boyer wrote:
> Does anyone know about such a list? Will the Tiger release of XSX
> support braille access?

AFAIK Voice Over (the screen reader in Tiger) will not support Braille
displays for the moment.

However I got Libbraille to work on Mac OS X and added a Preference Pane
for Braille; you can download an installer there:
http://libbraille.org/download.php

There is only a test application which detects the Braille display and
displays a few things for the moment, but if you have a braille display
I am interested on feedback.

MozBraille should also work with Braille displays on MacOS X but you
have to compile it yourself at the moment:
http://mozbraille.mozdev.org/
I am currently working on an XPI installer for MozBraille to make it
easier to install and I will make it work on MacOSX also.

regards

--
Sébastien Sablé