questions about operating systems built on linux

Ari aridamoulas at telkomsa.net
Mon Mar 21 18:58:17 UTC 2005

Hi all,
>From what I've heard, lindows is being forced to change it's name because it
sounds too close to windows, I don't know if they have changed their name
already though. What I've read about lindows is that it is more a GUI-type
operating system, and you buy programs for it from the lindows warehouse on
their web site. I'll check to see if I can find some more information on
lindows and email it to the list.
Also, regarding synthesizers, I've finally decided to just get the hardware
option using speakup. I hear that the DoubleTalk is the cheapest. One
software solution I wonder if it would work is a synthesizer made by
infovox. I read in elba manual that elba uses it, and of course, elba is a
linux-based notetaker. Look at
www.infovox.se
By the way, thanks for telling me the dectalk doesn't work with yasr
anymore, I was hesitating whether to buy it! But I'd rather go with hardware
now, particularly as speakup is built into the kernel.
Ari