interacting with the cursor:

Sergei V. Fleytin fleytin at yandex.ru
Wed Mar 30 18:43:40 UTC 2005

Hello David and others,

David, it is very difficult for me to answer your question from the
"visual" point of view so I will try to describe it just as I see it.

My main working environment in Linux is Emacspeak. And for me it is
easier to think that the cursor is pointing on the character I am
currently working with. Therefore, when I use command such as
'emacspeak-speak-char' and hear the result I always know that when I
press a delete key this very character will be deleted and when I
press a packspace key a character before the current character will be
deleted. Of course this behaviour can be easily changed but it works
just as like I want it to work.

Hope I said something meaningful and useful for you. <smile>

--
With best regards, Sergei.