Fw: new to linux.....

vasile radu vradu at constanta.astral.ro
Thu Mar 31 17:16:12 UTC 2005

I am not so bigginer also!!!
I've installed mandrake 10.1 3 cds distro with multimedia and office
workstation packages
I get emacspeak 14 rpm and installed it
then I got viavoice rtk and sdk and tried to install them but (after the
instalation)
when I try to get some speak from them with ./runcmdlinespeak (which is a
sample for viavoice)
I get the error segmentation fault clsdir.....
I left this way because someone on to this list answer me that viavoice is
no longer supported under linux and get the way to festival.
In the begining I get from rpmfind
the rpms neccessary for mandrake 10.1 to instal festival i mean:

festival-1.4.3-5mdk.i586.rpm
festvox_kallpc16k_1.4.3_1mdk.noarch.rpm
and others like it
festvox-kallpc-common-1.4.3-1mdk.noarch.rpm
festvox-kedlpc16k-1.4.3-1mdk.noarch.rpm
festvox-kedlpc-common-1.4.3-1mdk.noarch.rpm
festlex-CMU-1.4.3-1mdk.noarch.rpm
festlex-POSLEX-1.4.3-1mdk.noarch.rpm
festvox-kallpc8k-1.4.3-1mdk.noarch.rpm
After the documentation I read with this packages instaled festival must
speack on my computer I tried to give to it:

festival_server
nothing
i tried festival
and I get the prompt festival>
i write:
(SayText "Hello world")
error don't know (hello ) variable
after this
I got the sources of all packages of festival 1.95beta
and follow the steps in instalation guide but nothing!!!
a happy new year
/////////
Radu Vasile
Techinc Consultant in computers
"better light a candle than curse the darkness"

"follow the white rabbit"
e-mail:
vradu at constanta.astral.ro
matematicianu at home.ro