daisy reader

Aldo blinuxman at tuxfamily.org
Fri May 6 09:09:46 UTC 2005

On Thu, May 05, 2005 at 12:26:02PM -0400, Janina Sajka wrote:
> OK, it looks like this script simply plays the audio file associated
> with a particular page or chapter in a DAISY title. That's nice, but
> that's a long way from a DAISY player where one would expect to be able
> to navigate the structure of the book interactively.
>
> Am I missing something here?

What does listenup offer more than being able to choose a chapter, a
page, a cell?
note: I never foudn the wy to install it, why does nobody have made a
static bin of it or a compilable tarball instead of pointing people to
use cvs?

Another solution who exist as well in tarball as statically compiled, is
Jos Lemmens' DaisyPlayer, http://www.jlemmens.nl/

It also uses madplay + lynx for navigating through the cd structure.

but Yannick's DaisyReader also shows the toc, in my opinion its more
than enough for navigating the Daisy cd.

A good way for promoting a "good" application is also by providing a
easy way of installing it; well daisyreader and daosu^mauer meet this
need. But probably i missed something when trying other solutions.

Aldo.