daisy reader

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Fri May 6 13:35:48 UTC 2005

I do not disagree about installation. You are correct in what you say
about that.

I have further questions about your TOC:

Are the elements in the TOC navigable? Can I go next, next next, item by
item? Can I go previous, previous, previous, item by item? Can I adjust
the granularity and move next next next by chapter, or next next next by
page? Or previous?

If so, can I do this from within the content? Or do I need to go back to
the TOC to do this?

DAISY would require this kind of navigation within the structure. Early
in the NISO specification process we specifically discussed this, and
there are supporting documents to describe these things.

PS: Though many books may not provide multiple navigational levels, the
spec does support multiple levels.