speak freely

Andor Demarteau andor at nl.linux.org
Thu May 12 13:58:30 UTC 2005

On Thu, 12 May 2005, Gustafsson Kristoffer (elev) wrote:

 > Hello!
 > I want to do some servers for speak freely since the speak freely company doesn't longer exist.
 > What do I need to know in order to do the servers that was there before. the server where we could find aanother people, and the echo test server?
 > /kristoffer
generally it was not a company :)

if you have the unix-version installed you can simply run the sflwld
server and the echo-server from which I forgot the binary-name.
Note that speak-freely was canceld cause of it's inability to cross
NAT-firewall without the help of portforwarding on both sites.

Although it was a great program when I used it a couple of times a couple
of years ago, better solutions exists nowadays lijke www.asterisk.org and
services like www.iaxtel.com and www.freeworlddialup.com which work way
better behind NAT-firewalls.

Andor Demarteau                 E-mail: andor at nl.linux.org
student computer science        www: http://www.nl.linux.org/~andor
UU based & VU guest-student     jabber,icq,msn,voip: do ask ;)