xm pcr and timeshifting under linux with speakup

Brent Harding bharding at doorpi.net
Mon May 16 17:30:09 UTC 2005

Is there any good way to do it with shoutcast? I'm trying to do it on a
remote system that I have shell access and cron on, and wget just seems to
record backup loop audio. This method captures the stream directly. My idea
is to record in to my home directory, and ftp the file down later and then
delete it with the ftp client. Is there another utility like wget that may
work better for grabbing shoutcast? I just run a simple script I made up
that does for say
wget (stream address) -Ofilename-`date -i`.mp3
I made a symbolic link to wget so that I can kill just the name of the one
I'm using in another script that runs a couple hours later. Why does it make
a difference if the station uses backup streams when someone is off for the
minute or so between the shows, that I end up with two hours of it, week
after week, where winamp manages it fine? I just want to be able to record
right, and no windows tool I've ever found can really capture at the stream
level.