scanning with scanimage and Gocr

Roger Butenuth butenuth at online.de
Mon May 23 18:45:56 UTC 2005

Hello!

I tried gocr, too, the results are unuseable. There are some other open
source ocr projects for linux, I tested some of them with results similar
to gocr.

There is one good ocr solution: ocrxtr from Vividata, but it is closed
source, commercial and quite expensive. They once had a special price for
the legally blind (about $ 100), I don't know if this is still true.

You can get a test version (30 or 0 days) for free. I tried it: The
quality is really good! It can control some scanners or you can write a
script for scanning with scanimage and doing the ocr part with ocrxtr.

Roger