sound and linux

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sat May 28 03:13:35 UTC 2005

[quoted lines by Michael Malver on 2005/05/27 at 20:15 -0500]

>I have a sound blaster 64 which somehow didn't get recognized when linux was
>installed.
>I see reference to a program called sndconfig, but that seems to be gone.

kudzu should configure it. Run the command:

   kudzu --safe

For each new piece of hardware it finds, it'll ask you if you want to configure
it. The --safe option is to keep kudzu from probing serial ports, which will
leave your speech synthesizer or braille display undisturbed.