More Observations on INternet Radio

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at charter.net
Sun May 29 19:44:50 UTC 2005

Well, some live365 stations will work if you do

mplayer http://live365.com/play/
and after the slash you put whatever name live365 is using for that
station. In your case it looks from the url like radioccl. Unfortunately
that doesn't work with this particular station; you are just told to go
register/login at the live365 website.

Also, while looking at source is a good tool it isn't always necessary
to do that. The way I found the name for your station was by going to
www.clintoncountyradio.com and hitting the equals sign and looking at
the url for the link.
In fact sometimes you need only look at the url for your link as shown
at the bottom of the page without even hitting the equals key or using
source; btw you can also do source by hitting the backslash; it toggles
between
source and the rendered page.

On the live365 page that I found as the first link of
http://www.clintoncounty.com, if you look down all the links, I did find
that wktz works according to the formula I gave above. Do not use
-playlist with live365 stations btw. So does industrialinfo. Of course
the best thing would be to log in and use the site per their setup but
while I can do that in freedombox i have found no way to do that with
any browser I have on my own system.

--
Cheryl

"Where your treasure is,