a Debian Question

Chris Gray chrisg at tsoft.com
Tue May 31 00:12:23 UTC 2005

Hi:

I hope you will forgive a Debian-specific question here.  However, I'd like to
ask a few things about Debian kernels.  First, it looks to me as though 2.6.10
is the most current.  If I were to try and use it for Speak-up or brltty, is it
really the most recent, and stable?  If there are more recent SID kernels that
people have working with Speak-up or brltty, please let me know where to find
them.

I've gotten 2.6.10, to practice on if nothing else, and when I issue the
command

make-kpkg clean

from usr/src/kernel-source-2.6.10 I get a message saying "We do not seem to be
in a top-level kernel source directory tree". Does anybody know what this
message means?

Thanks.

Chris